Monday, July 23, 2012

Breathe in, breathe out.

There is so much fear and vitriol in our atmosphere right now that it's absolutely palpable.  Between drowning in months, years of political insanity and now Friday's news of the horrible, senseless murders in Aurora, that crushing weight of those negative feelings is even greater.

I need to circle the wagons and find peace.  I think we all need that.

So today I picked up my brush and let it guide my hand across the canvas.  Calm, meditative energy transformed my mood, and everything felt okay again. These two paintings brought me peace, and suddenly I find my chest able to expand and breathe again.

I hope they bring you peace too.


24 x 24 inches
oil and charcoal on canvas
© Morgan Johnson Norwood

2 comments:

  1. Both paintings are beautiful Morgan! I especially love the serenity of the one on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathleen! I regret that the photographs don't really do enough justice, as the colors are so subtle. But I like that one too. I like that the delicate stripes on the side (though they may end up on the bottom?) create a contrast to the organic shapes of the shadowy branch. Both of these were so pleasing to create. I appreciate your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete