Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Way after my bedtime.

Lately I've been experiencing quite the prolific explosion in my little studio.  Something about bringing another person into this family has flipped a creative switch, and I can't stop myself from painting.  All this creative energy comes in very small spurts of time between naps or playtime or loads of laundry, but for what it's worth, I couldn't be happier.  This is my new normal.

Today I pestered my husband to help take some photographs of some new work.  A preview...
 
Home, 2011
© Morgan Johnson Norwood
  
This was one of those rare paintings that took on a life of its own, and I just held on for the ride.  I have been incorporating natural forms into my subject matter for many years, but only recently have begun playing with the lotus pod form.  I adore seed pods and will often refer back to this symbol in my work.

The clock says that it's nearly midnight, and the baby alarm sounds very early.  Good night, friends out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment